Saturday 23 May 2009

Back from France!





Wellllllll, we're back!

We had an excellent time! Left at 5:30 AM and arrived at the campsite at lunch. Dull's parents were very happy to see us and so were we to see them.... We unpacked our bags and put the kettle on for some coffee. My brother in law was eyebolling the water as soon as we got there and it only took 15 minutes after arrival before the first man of the family showed up in wadingsuit for some fly-fishing.

Dull had his first go at flyfishing this holiday. He said he liked it, but I guess he liked the relaxing at the watersite more than the fishing itself... To me it's all the same, as long as he has a good time, right? We all had a laugh though, when all the 'boys' were standing in front of the 'girls', waiting anxiously to get permission to go fishing... Of course they only wanted permission for the first go, the rest of the time they just went. There weren't many fish caught this week, guess they were a little too noisy. (the guys, not the fish).


Besides the fishing there was a little shopping, we went to 2 brocante-markets. I was the one to do all the haggling, because I am the only one who can manage with the French language. It was hard, because numbers in French are so much different from the Dutch, but it all worked out. My sis bought a 'new' lamp for her new house, and my Mother in law bought a cheese bell jar. The lamp cost 8 euros and the bell jar 3,5 so I guess I did fine with the bargaining.

We also went to some malls and outletstores. I bought 2 dresses, 1 pair of jeans, 1 pair of pants, 1 skirt and 3 shirts. Dull bought 1 pair of jeans, 2 pairs of pants, 5 shirts, a sweater and a cap... I really like that he loves shopping as much as I do, but it also results in lots of spended money.


But now we are back home, and that feels so good... Even though I have piles of laundry and lots of vacuming and cleaning to do, and I have lots of blogreading to do as well. Good to be back!



No comments:

Post a Comment