Wednesday 21 October 2009

Choker

Being sick at home gives you time. I am sneezing my butt off, but still, I hate sitting on the couch doing nothing. I've tried reading, but the letters keep dancing, and I've seen some movies. Yesterday I watched "The Duchess" with Keira Kneightly. She wears the most beautifull jewelry in this movie, which inspired me to create this:


It's funny, but beading really calms me down. And the herringbone stitch I used for this choker is easy to me, I can do it with my eyes closed. I used Chinese seed beads, which are the most irregular seed beads in the world, but I just love the effect they give the piece. Regularity is sooooo overrated. I gave it a leather strap which closes with snap closures, it gives it a really goth appearance. I think this will be my new fave...

Now I guess I'll continue my knitting... or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment