Friday, 6 April 2012


I have mentioned my big pile of UFO's on a regular basis here. And I just seeam to keep adding new ones to the pile, instead of finishing some.
But this week, I started and finished something for myself. And I am very proud of it!
I started off with an old top. One that got a lot of wear, and that got a little too snug in the bombonella-department (one of the 'benefits' of breastfeeding...I guess). I reaaaaaally loved the shirt and was a little sad about it being to small. I have searched my photos to look if I could find one of me wearing the old shirt, but no luck. So you just have to look at this pic:
a very raggidy-ragged shirt..
The knit fabric on this top was getting very thin, so using the seamripper was a mandatory. Only 2 patternpieces (cut 2 of each), a small long rectangle for the tie at the back, and a sort of bias tape for the neckline. I pressed every seam, and I really love how smooth it made my seams look.
Now, my machine only sews straight and zigzag lines. I used a narrow zigzag for all the seams, to keep the stretch in the entire garment... 
And now the end result of my hard labor:
Very Vibrant V-neck Top
 I used this very bold patterned knit fabric from my stash. I bought it about 2 years ago, really cheap. I really thought it was too loud, and thought it would be a great starting muslin. But I actually love the result. I think I will wear it a lot! I entered this top for the Spring Top Sew Along 2012 at Made-by-Rae. Take a look at the pool for some more lovely Spring Tops!